The innovation of the HAND: Empowering Teachers project lies in:
(1) the content, by bringing together and interconnecting a range of highly-relevant topics:
- social and emotional competencies including mindfulness;
- diversity awareness;
- career development;
- considering and being attentive to students´ voices.
(2) The process: ongoing support in a form of supervision and monitoring.
(3) The form: The process spanning throughout the entire school year.
(4) Participatory development: the participants are actively involved in the development of the programme and system as well as in the formation of the guidelines for policy and practice.
(5) Whole-team approach: besides teachers of the same school, principals and school counsellors are also involved.